Hello all

Cobra92fs

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

For those that are interested in my build, I have updated my sig to include the majority of my system components. As far as achieving stability, a post at EVGA's forums was most helpful. So here is the story.

After completing the build of this system (my first) I noticed that I was unable to set my memory to run at its rated 1066MHz; 800MHz was the best that I could achieve without blue screening. A little later I tried loosening the memory timings with no success, although the problems were less frequent with these looser timings. I had finally gotten to the point of considering that I had a bad memory module, although memtest found no errors. I decided to do some more digging and see if this issue was one that could be resolved through some methods that I had not considered.

EVGA post

I happened upon this post over at EVGA, and my solution was found, although I do not understand it completely, some insight from all of you would be welcome, as I am still new to the overclocking thing! The post was most helpful, as the poster is running a similar build to mine, and was having roughly the same problem.

I changed my QDR speed to 1600MHz which, from my understanding of the post, gives me a 4:3 ratio, I don't understand what the ratio is, some help? Anyways after adjusting my QDR, I set my memory to 1066 and the factory timings, I adjusted the SPP voltage to 1.45, and the FSB to 1.3; this cured all of my ills.

My system is now stable through IntelBurnTest, OCCT, and 12 hours of Prime95 blend testing with no issues. I have also noticed very little increase in CPU temperature, the aftermarket cooler has been worth its weight in gold, even before OC'ing.

Well, that is the story, and is the current setup that I am running today. I would appreciate some insight into the ratio thing though, I would like to understand what is going on there and why certain ratios run more stable than others.

Again, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Edited by Cobra92fs