Rivatuner Trouble

I was using Rivatuner to try to overclock my video card and it wouldn't let me take the Core past 647 MHz (590 is stock for my card), anyone know why ? Technically I don't want to go furthur right now because I have hot 81C at my overclocked speeds but if I get better cooling later on I sure will want to. Basically if I took the core past 647 it wouldn't register the speed in any monitoring program I used (GPUZ and Rivatuner itself). On a side note, my temp while benching my card using Furmark (not futuremark) was 81C but the highest it went when playing Assassin's Creed and Crysis for 2 hours straight was 70C. Do you think I could safely push higher or should I get the temps down first ?

How high can you take the core before the correct clock speed doesn't register?

EVGA's Precision tool is also another alternative from RivaTuner.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/EVGA-Precision...nload-2403.html

647 is the highest it will go. If I take her to 648 or higher it will say 648 (or whatever higher number I chose) on the Rivatuner application but it will still say 647 on all monitoring applications I use. I will give these applications you guys suggested a try after work tonight. Thanks for the ideas.