Can't get it stable above 4 GHz

nanoprobe

The specs are in my sig. Looking for some input on how to get a stable OC above 4 GHz. I up the multiplier to 20 and bump the vcore to 1.475v to get a stable 4 GHz. I've tried a bunch of other settings to go higher but nothing has worked so far. Temps are @ 44-48c on 100% load. There has to be a way to get more. Can some of our resident gurus give me some guidance?

you may need more voltage then that to acheive 4 ghz with that chip but I cannot say. im only running the PHII 940. I have mine up to 3.70 GHZ and im happy with it. But I think to get the clocks you want it would be best to read a guide or two, if not when the AMD overclockers see this ine they will offer there 2 cents on the matter. It may help to post your bios setting too to help us determine a possible cause.

but for now this guide will help you overclock upward.

Best case senario you can also read this guide to pay respects to verran

I've looked at both of those guides but none of the stuff I tried from those guides could keep anything above 4 GHz stable. This mobo has a myriad of things that can be adjusted. Guess I'll just have to keep on the trial and error path. I was hoping someone else had the same board and had some settings that worked for them.

Do you have the C3 revision? If not, 4GHz fully stable is already above the trend. If you do, try more voltage. To increase your clock, just bump your HT link reference clock by a few MHz. Make sure your RAM and CPU-NB can support the higher clocks generated by the HT ref.

Edited by The Smith

Do you have the C3 revision? If not, 4GHz fully stable is already above the trend. If you do, try more voltage. To increase your clock, just bump your HT link reference clock by a few MHz. Make sure your RAM and CPU-NB can support the higher clocks generated by the HT ref.

I have the 125 watt version. I believe that is the C3 revision. I had the vcore up to 1.6v. I'm not sure it's safe to go above that. I have played with HT link, the NB frequency, the CPU-NB voltage and the memory voltage/timings. Guess I just haven't hit on the right combo yet.

hmmm mobo northbridge voltage ? u probly tried that already ur psu is the tripple rail psu right ? i know it wont ever use more than 1 rail for cpu so maybe investing in a psu with a stronger single rail would benifit your overclock ? and how is ur mobo bios