Any good drivers for Audigy 2 and Windows 7 x64?

uneedav8

Try the daniel_k drivers (aka Support Pack 2.5). This site has a few mirrors

I've personally had some issues with my Audigy 2 ZS and Windows 7 x64. It worked fine on the 32-bit version but for some reason I've been experiencing cracking and popping on the 64-bit version. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software problem though. I've switched to on board graphics till I get myself a newer card that supports Windows 7. I'm definitely not getting a Creative card this time since their drivers have always sucked hard and just aren't worth the trouble, not when there are better cards available from other companies.

I have had problems with sound blaster and especially the Audigy 2 line in past years, one major problem was that the subwoofer output is really weak, I went around the forums to figure out if it was a problem with my system and a lot of people had the same subwoofer problem.

I use an onboard AC97 chip in my gigabyte motherboard that does surround sound without any problems now, the motherboard is a K8NNXP, It's really artifact free too, I don't hear any interference from adjacent hardware that would cause hums, buzzes, or clicks no matter what I am doing. So I am not sure that the argument about needing a separate or even external card is even valid anymore.

So maybe if your lucky enough to have an AC97 on your mobo but scoffed at it, it's worth a try.

Edited by AnomalousX