gts 250 overclocking

madjunac

hi, everybody!

i have gigabyte gts250 1gb oc. it is 765/1100/1912 stock, and 811/1172/1940 overclocked. well, the problem seems to be that it can not go any further!

is it ok?

i've seen results on internet that are way better. i've even changed the voltage in bios settings (+0.1).

i don't see much of an improvement with this oc :(

what could be wrong?

or there is nothing wrong?

is this the top i can expect?

thanx

@ 00stevo there it is! i've added signature :)

just for the record: i have had a msi hd4670 before gts250, and it too didn't oc good... it was 778/1148. everything above results in game crash. and it is the same thing now. i oc my card and it never did show any artefacts on the screen. just game crash after few min or so... i was thinking, maybe it is not the card, but some other piece of hardware?

I retract my statement about upgrading. The 250GTS is fine for your system, nice and balanced. What you need is to add a couple of sticks of RAM, so you'll total at 4GB. If you have the money, I would ditch the 2x1GB @ 800 and get 2x2GB @ 1066, so you could run 1:1 with your 3.33GHz OC.

would that 250 gts be the same as my BFG 250gts... its supposed to be overclocked already right out of the box. if so what are some good settings to get alil more out of it. counterstrike source only gets 90fps on balanced settings in the stress test and i would like to do much better.

i don't know if it is the same, but this one is oc 'right out of the box' :)

i menage to push this birdy @ 814/1182/2001. the way i did it is to oc step by step...literally. i guess you cannot skip these steps, because the graphic drivers will stop responding...afterwards, you can downclock by 99% but your GPU won't respond. yet, i don't see much improvement. nevertheless, i get very different results with the same settings (playing the exact same parts of the cod waw or hl2 episode2...).

i'll push it as far as i can. hope to get benefit. all i get now is higher temps :)