gigabyte x48 dq6 opti out to sony str 495 opti in not working

D@3HaM1nGuK

hey i just bought a optical cable to connect my sony str de 495 reciver to my pc which has the gigabyte x48 dq6 mobo it in but when i connect nothing happens... no sounds and no pop up that i have connect a cable into optical out on the pc... ive been using coaxial to connect the 2 which worked fine but i just wanted to try something different... so any1 know why?

do i have to connect both the coaxial and optical cable in?? or can i just run it off optical?

thx

oh yeah i tried that but its not working but i found out why it didnt work... thx for the help

the input for optical on the reciver is only for video channel input so since i had it on dvd channel it didnt work coz optical is only for the video 2 channel... it didnt work on video 1 channel either so yeah that was the problem... pretty simple.... and stupid... i dont get why they didnt make the optical work for all channels....

oh yeah i tried that but its not working but i found out why it didnt work... thx for the help

the input for optical on the reciver is only for video channel input so since i had it on dvd channel it didnt work coz optical is only for the video 2 channel... it didnt work on video 1 channel either so yeah that was the problem... pretty simple.... and stupid... i dont get why they didnt make the optical work for all channels....