LN2 and DICE

Danny_75

Its prob been done to death but this is more for the UK ppl .(me)

In a nut shell "Where the hell can i get some"

Not sure what its like in the US but in the UK you cant buy a turd without a licence, So if there are any brits out there with any ideas can you give me a msg.

I have a mate in the US that sends me stuff i cant get in the UK but dont think he can post LN :)

Dry ice is probably the easiest to obtain first since you don't need a dewar to store it. A simple insulated box will do the trick. They use some for food conservation and welding I think. So you can look around.

Here we have stores specialized in dry ice and liquid gases. They are Praxair and Air Liquide.

check with your local grocery store. Alot of time they will ship things in with dry ice, and they usually don't do anything with it after hand.

I think that's the jist of what Smith was saying... "Food conservation" >_<

Edited by P

Not realy tbh. Its about 5 hours away plus a 1.5 hour boat ride. There is the North Sea between us :)

Been thinking about this over night and going to try and cool the water with something. Dont mean for one off cooling mean 24/7 was going to use a fridge but not very practical.So thinking of making/adapting say an office water cooler?

Think i have to much time on my hands .

I only use that rig for playing games so only gets run for ?? 30 mins/hour so should be able to get the water to 2/5oC

Edited by Danny_75

HAHA, What's wrong with simple water cooling? HuGE Radiator... I mean .. if you needz that much cooling, you can go to your junkyard and get a radiator and .. umm.. FAN! ( Of course I'd leave it outside due to the noise factor ) ... haha

Dont like running rads you need fans and that makes noise. Iam in the motor trade i have ppl that can put 1/2inc fittings on any core ( car,bike,bus ) just doesnt cool the water enough, I want condensation on the pipes :)

So am I Carl! I never did get to play around with LN2 but DICE is so much fun! Too bad you live in Quebec or I would say come on over and lets play around with some DICE or I would come up there and play with some LN2

Danny_75, check out an ice creme shop...thats were I get my DICE from in Michigan. they sell it 10# for 10$ which makes it very doable on pretty much any budget once you get the DICE pot. the insulation isnt too bad either, I think a roll cost me 15$ and has lasted me 3 runs so far and I still have 25% of it left! The last run that I did lasted me a good 4-5 hours and that was with 10# of DICE and I still had a little bit left. oh and forgot to mention the liquid I use inside of the pot is 91% isopropanol which you can get at the grocery store for like 2.20$ a bottle

Edited by gotdamojo06