AMD Athlon X2 64 Brisbane Black edition @ 3.25 GHz

Temps at a LAN party in my friends garage. CPU Core temps were nice.

I know that I can do a better OC than this but to try to get it up to 4GHz would require a different cooling solution.

Currently I have a Thermaltake Big Typhoon with Arctic Silver 5.

cpu-Z2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

best i have done on any of the Brisbane CPUs is 3600mhz at 1.55v I have had the 4000+ and several 5000+ and a 5400+ and all of them have done 3600mhz...I had a 3600+ that did 3400mhz

the 5000+ and 5400+ we all BE chips...

nice!

I had a 4200+ that i didn't push too far (took it from 2.2ghz to 2.6ghz) but it required 1.4v to do so

so i'm kinda surprised by that low voltage...

even my Phenom II 720 needed 1.5v to get 3.4GHz...

props.

I've done 3400MHz and it was extremely unstable, but I didn't tweak the RAM settings, which I think was causing my problems there. I'm at 3250MHz and haven't started pushing the vcore voltage yet, so I don't know, we'll have to see. I'm deploying to afghanistan very soon and a friend of mine is watching my computer for me. He told me he was going to continue tweaking where I left off (which wasn't very far).

I'm thinking about making a custom phase change cooler when I get back, but I haven't decided on it yet. I would need to look at the design of a retail cooler and then I would base my design on that. Why would I attempt something that would be (seemingly) difficult to do, build a phase change cooler from scratch? Because I'm cheap and I could build it for less.

I ran the slot frequency at 105ns to get 3400mhz...slot frequency plays a HUGE role in getting teh chip stable...even when the ram says it's fine it isnt...if memory serves that is TREF...and there was another setting that needed to be changed to but I dont remember...

I tuned all mine with OCCT and Orthos...I ditched Memtest for Brisbanes because it means NOTHING...

I ran the slot frequency at 105ns to get 3400mhz...slot frequency plays a HUGE role in getting teh chip stable...even when the ram says it's fine it isnt...if memory serves that is TREF...and there was another setting that needed to be changed to but I dont remember...

I tuned all mine with OCCT and Orthos...I ditched Memtest for Brisbanes because it means NOTHING...

does this pertain to chips released after brisbane too?

so if i loosen my mem's tref, might I be able to push it farther?

Oh I forgot to add something to my post concerning my idea of building a phase change cooler (it's really just a scaled down deep freezer).

I am EPA certified to handle refrigerants, so buying freon is no problem for me. I kinda just walk in and buy it (after showing my card).

I have also taken HVAC-R 1 at a trade school, but then I joined the Marine Corps. I kinda put my HVAC career on the back burner and now I fix generators between 3KW-100KW.

upon review, disregard my comment about my 4200+ as it was a 90nm S939 and your 5000+ is a 65nm AM2 LOL :rolleyes:

but still, your 65nm am2 clocked just under my 45nm am3 PII at way less voltage...