Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

Expansion, good. Return to Ostagar DLC that was scheduled for today? Not so good.. read the story. Hopefully they aren't going to package the DLC in the expansion, cuz if they do, I'll stop playing DAO and move on to The Witcher instead.

They'll release the DLC before the expansion. They won't want to piss people off. You should play the witcher anyway. Great game.

They'll release the DLC before the expansion. They won't want to piss people off. You should play the witcher anyway. Great game.

I have to wait for the Witcher to finish downloading lol. Its a 14 gig file on Steam and with my connection, its taking forever to download. I started it Sunday night and I'm currently at 83% lol. Ah well, I'll be able to play it tomorrow maybe.

They better release the DLC soon, it was supposed to be yesterday but well, now we'll see. They should change it from "out this holiday season" to "out whenever we damn well please." I see no reason for them to have delayed it, it was practically ready to launch and then poof.. delayed till a later date.

Expansion, good. Return to Ostagar DLC that was scheduled for today? Not so good.. read the story. Hopefully they aren't going to package the DLC in the expansion, cuz if they do, I'll stop playing DAO and move on to The Witcher instead.

I disagree. If they package the DLC for "free" with pre-orders of the expansion, I'd be all over that shiznit!

I disagree. If they package the DLC for "free" with pre-orders of the expansion, I'd be all over that shiznit!

But they are taking something that was a day away from launching to delay until March? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense to me. They are already going to charge us 40 bucks for content that is barely one sixth the length of the full game and now they aren't even releasing something that was supposed to be out by now? Looks like I'm not going to be playing DAO for a long time at this rate.

But they are taking something that was a day away from launching to delay until March? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense to me. They are already going to charge us 40 bucks for content that is barely one sixth the length of the full game and now they aren't even releasing something that was supposed to be out by now? Looks like I'm not going to be playing DAO for a long time at this rate.

You're forgetting a new origin, new abilities and items for all classes and five new companions.

You're forgetting a new origin, new abilities and items for all classes and five new companions.

I don't give a crap, Bioware and EA can bend me over a barrel all they want, I'm buying everything that comes out for this game.

Its an entirely new adventure. You play as a new Grey Warden Commander that is separate from your original character.. or can import the original, depending on the choices you make at the end. I understand the reasoning behind it because of what I've heard about the end game, but its 40 dollars for a new expansion that won't even last a quarter of the original game.. it does not warrant 40 dollars in my book. Maybe 20, but not 40.

Edited by bp9801

Well, the Return to Ostagar DLC is out.. for the 360 only. But apparently, the content has since been removed from the Live Marketplace due to the fact that it causes issues with specializations. So, content came out, got downloaded, fubar'd people, then got pulled. Hopefully the PC version doesn't suffer from this issue, whenever its launched, but maybe they actually will get it out before March. Supposed to be later today if not for this..

"Hello Dragon Age fans

This morning a title update on the Xbox 360 for Dragon Age: Origins was made available in preparation for the release of Return to Ostagar. This title update introduced a previously undetected issue that causes specialization classes to not work correctly in Dragon Age: Origins. We are removing Return to Ostagar from Xbox Live until the issue is resolved and are recommending that you do not download the title update. If you have already performed the update, we apologize for this and are working hard to ensure a fix is available as soon as possible.

We will provide more information to you when it is available."

~Chris Priestly Bioware Employee

Oh well...

I'll keep it updated on any new news on the matter.

Edited by bp9801

I started a new character for my 2nd playthrough. I did a female human mage this time. I must say this is a much different experience than playing as a warrior. I had all sorts of trouble in the beginning with my warrior. Having a mage from the beginning made it a lot easier getting through those first areas. Anyone else have any opinion?

I started a new character for my 2nd playthrough. I did a female human mage this time. I must say this is a much different experience than playing as a warrior. I had all sorts of trouble in the beginning with my warrior. Having a mage from the beginning made it a lot easier getting through those first areas. Anyone else have any opinion?

Haven't created a new character. My first (and only) character is a female elven mage. I think a lot of it can be attributed to you "knowing the system" now. You know what tactics and spells to employ.

Haven't created a new character. My first (and only) character is a female elven mage. I think a lot of it can be attributed to you "knowing the system" now. You know what tactics and spells to employ.

I took all of that into account. Just seems easier. Although I was using the tactics the first go around in the beginning now I micro-manage everything which I like much better.

I took all of that into account. Just seems easier. Although I was using the tactics the first go around in the beginning now I micro-manage everything which I like much better.

Micro-managing is definitely necessary when dealing with mages, unless you want to kill your companions :lol:. I've frozen and/or stunned my characters too many times even WITH micro-managing :lol: