Surround Problems

SuperEmostastix

I just re-installed win 7 RTM and I can't get my sound drivers to work right. I have a Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer and a set of 5.1 surround speakers. I installed the drivers for win 7 and the console launcher to set up my sub. I clicked on 5.1 surround and bass redirection, the same thing I done with it last time and worked but now there's only sound coming out of the front 2 speakers, no center, rear or sub. If I go into sound properties and test for sound it plays fine through each speaker. I'm puzzled????

Are you using Creative's software as well? If you are it might be that the Creative software is set to sync with Windows and might not be set to 5.1 on the Creative software.

Not sure if your doing this through the Windows settings or the software.

There's no way I could get this to work so I was forced to re-install windows 7 again, this time with the orignal windows 7 RTM. I was trying windows 7 eternity edition 2009 that just came out by the rockers team but unfortunately could not get the 5.1 surround to work properly. Everything is fixed now though :D

Edited by SuperEmostastix