Chipset Cooling

Would it help to get an aftermarket cooler for my northbridge?

Can't seem to get 3.5ghz stable. Lock up (no bsod) about 35mins into an occt stability test.

Would an aftermarket mosfet cooler help too?

Depends on what the temperatures are getting up too. if your under 45c I wouldn't be worryed about it but further than that and I would be. Are you using A hardware monitor to check the NB-Mosfet-pwm-pwr and possibly mem and hdd temp? Cause if they get too hot then yes it will cause a bsod.... It may just be that its an ecs mobo but I have only heard of issue, not experienced. may be that the chip is at its peak also. from 2.80 to 3.30 is nt a bad overclock, you like everyone els wants more :D. and thats never aa bad thing.

Have you tried bumping up your v-core or chip voltage yet? if so where are they. what is the NB voltage and what megaherts is it at? also have you atttempted upping your HT voltge?

Is that the Maximum FSB for That mobo? But if you are willing to try and lap (wet sand) the anodizing off the bottom and flatten the coolers of the mopsfets SB and NB cooler's and use as5 instead of that puckey pads. may help.

let us know the temps andd your settings in bios and we may be able to help further.

Edited by boinker

Honestly, i had never tried and up the vcore. Will try that once i get back, it's 5:50 am here. :P

EDIT: Awesome. By upping the Vcore 5mV, i was able to get a suicide of 3.6ghz.

EDIT2: Scratch that, was only able to get it stable long enough to get a screenshot

Edited by NearlyEpic