ATI accelerating new Adobe Flash player 10.1

I think it's a case where we all win. Instead of ATI not working with a developer or a developer working with just one side we can all reap the benefit. I hope it's a sign of things to come from ATI.

me too, this could be there "answer" to fermi lol

ATI has some impressive video cards. The hardware is there just not the driver and developer support. I hope this is a step in that direction.

yeah but fermi is ridiculous...maybe not so much in the gaming portion of GPU power (though it will probably still be very strong) but it will be so multi applicable

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Yes the Fermi looks like it may be impressive. Will it be an affordable card? Can nvidia beat ATI in price vs. performance? I think it's really about driver support and a seamless physics engine. I can run a pair of GTX 260s and play Batman AA with full physics capabilities at a much lower price point than a pair of 5870s or a pair of 5850s. Now where does the value lie? The hardware seems to exceed the software's ability to implement it due to a lack of support. I still have lots of questions concerning the new cards nvidia plans to release and until they are actually out and in the hands of users I won't know for sure. It's all too much speculation at this point.

My point is until ATI steps up their driver and physics engine support I have to question where the real value is at between these two competitors. I'm glad to see them working with a developer(Adobe) on anything at this point. It's more wishful thinking and speculation but I hope it's a sign of things to come and ATI is really planning to step their game up for the consumer. More powerful cards aren't the answer in my opinion.