Need help with my gtx 275 =D

Skyrex

Hello i just got my new xfx gtx 275 :D and when i got home i realised that i got the 633 gpu clock one when there was a 640 one. kinda pissed for a while. then i thought i could just clock it myself to 640 if i wanted. XFX also have factory overclocked gtx275 to 670mhz.

question is how much difference will i get from 633 to 640mhz. and have anybody here have tried the limit for the gpu clock of the card?

also what if i lower the gpu clock below it stock setting when i am playing non graphic intensive games (etc.warcraft) will it improve its life span or lower power consumption ?

also i read in another thread that this guy wants to buy a new card and dedicate his old card to just "physics duty" how does he do that? also how does he run 2 different cards in sli =X

sorry for my many questions and nubness :D

7MHz will make no difference. Check and see if you got the 192 or 216 core version as that will make a difference

The drivers already drop the clock speeds when you are not using a 3d application so no need to do it on your own

You set the second card to do the Physx calculations in the nvidia control panel. He will not be runnig SLI to do this although you could run SLI with the 275s and have the cards manage it with probably a better FPS