Phenom II X4 955 OC Voltage

Buraq

I hit stable 3.9Ghz @ 1.57v. Max temps at full load are 48c CPU and 53c CPU cores on Prime95. Memory 4GB (I pulled two sticks out) timing 5-5-5-15-2T Unganged Mode @ 1100Mhz.

So far that I have read from other users of the 955 they dont come near these voltage for stability at those clocks. Why does this CPU on my end need so much voltage to be stable ?

I have it CPU water cooled, and just gotten a new CPU water block that is doing outstandingly well better than i expected.

Its seems I am going to have to add .10v more = 1.67v to get to 4Ghz seeing that when I was at:

3.6Ghz @ 1.40v >

3.7Ghz @ 1.43v >

3.8Ghz @ 1.47v >

3.9Ghz @ 1.57v >

4.0Ghz @ 1.**v

I am running Vista 64bit Ultimate, I have read some issues with this OS that significantly affects the CPU throttling. One other thing I havent tried yet is in the power options of Vista to change it from balanced to performance mode.

I tried many times to get 4.0Ghz stable. The most I pushed the voltage is to 1.65v @ CPU core temps of 55c when it lasted for couple of minutes on full load with Prime95.

Now when AMD stipulated 1.5v as max was this max per the temps based on air cooling that rated it 62c max temps ? If so then i should be able to go apply more voltage so long as the temps do not exceed the threshold ?

check to make sure no other voltages are holding you back .list your HT,NB, and any other voltages you think of. They might be limiting your OC.

But still, despite all of that, its very likely you wont reach 4ghz stable. Like i said earlier, every chip is different.