New i5 and i7 Processors

I have been able to resist the i7 but I dont think I will be able to resist this i5, heheheh. I have done a lot of reading on it and I cant find any significant negative on the damn thing. I've got so much hardware sitting around from my past builds that all I need is the mobo and a ddr3 ram to build one.

resistance is futile..!! :ph34r:

ok so i just finished putting my new gigabyte/core i7 860 build combined with windows 7 64 bit and so far it's perfect...!!

it has been very easy to work with and i'm gonna post a few more pictures and screenshots in a minute

it may not impress anyone else but it impresses the hell outa me...i'll be back

for the sake of comparison heres my sunbeam next to the coolermaster hyper tx 3

screenshot is bone stock right outta the box...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

resistance is futile..!! :ph34r:

ok so i just finished putting my new gigabyte/core i7 860 build combined with windows 7 64 bit and so far it's perfect...!!

it has been very easy to work with and i'm gonna post a few more pictures and screenshots in a minute

it may not impress anyone else but it impresses the hell outa me...i'll be back

for the sake of comparison heres my sunbeam next to the coolermaster hyper tx 3

screenshot is bone stock right outta the box...

Nice setup you have there. Can't wait to see some overclocks and benchmarks.

One thing I noticed though... Looks like you have your ram running in single channel instead of dual(blue/white slots instead of blue/blue). Any reason?

Nice setup you have there. Can't wait to see some overclocks and benchmarks.

One thing I noticed though... Looks like you have your ram running in single channel instead of dual(blue/white slots instead of blue/blue). Any reason?

none really except that i'm a bobo sometimes and it didn't ever occur to me....thanx for bringing that lil oversight to my attention water_hazard :blush:

none really except that i'm a bobo sometimes and it didn't ever occur to me....thanx for bringing that lil oversight to my attention water_hazard :blush:

No problem at all. Glad I could help.

How do the load temps look with that hyper tx?

No problem at all. Glad I could help.

How do the load temps look with that hyper tx?

i havent had a chance to really load it up yet water_hazard but i will tonite after work. so far all ive done is set easytune 6 to number 3 and the result has been that my temps went from around 36-38 to 43-45 in that range. if this is any indication then the hyper isn't gonna stand for any major overclocking. i'm seriously looking at a danger den waterblock and some other stuff for the near future to rectify this.

cya

cj

:D

i havent had a chance to really load it up yet water_hazard but i will tonite after work. so far all ive done is set easytune 6 to number 3 and the result has been that my temps went from around 36-38 to 43-45 in that range. if this is any indication then the hyper isn't gonna stand for any major overclocking. i'm seriously looking at a danger den waterblock and some other stuff for the near future to rectify this.

cya

cj

Stay tuned for the review in that heatsink!

A good water setup is the only way to keep them cool for extended use. You can do air cooling for a long term use you need water for big clocks

Stay tuned for the review in that heatsink!

A good water setup is the only way to keep them cool for extended use. You can do air cooling for a long term use you need water for big clocks

I had to crank mine back down until I get a water cooling setup too. The H50 would do it, but so would a new CPU block for my old W/C setup. It's gonna cost about the same within $10 for me.

I had to crank mine back down until I get a water cooling setup too. The H50 would do it, but so would a new CPU block for my old W/C setup. It's gonna cost about the same within $10 for me.

gotcha

thanks for the compliment

here's the first burn test 9/20/09 1730

1st superpi, 1st geekbench

cya

cj

gotcha

thanks for the compliment

here's the first burn test 9/20/09 1730

1st superpi, 1st geekbench

cya

cj

1st 3dmark01

1st 3dmark06

ok ccokeman povray, you got it in a bit ok

Try POVRay it puts a hurting on the CPU in the mulithreaded benchmark

ok ccokeman POVRay in a bit .....it seems this is gonna be a bit more complicated than i had anticipated....b ut i ran it one time and took a screenshot i just don't know what it is i did exactly.... :D

i guess i need some time to figure it out...