Problem with Asus P5Q Pro Overclock

Got it stable at 3780Mhz!!! My settings are 420FSB x 9.0 multi. My memory is running at 1050Mhz on a 4:5, at 5-5-5-18 2T (I tried running a 1:1 at 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12, but the system was harder to stabilize at that). The trick was upping NB voltage to 1.4v and upping the CPU voltage to 1.36875 in BIOS (read as 1.344 to 1.360 in CPU-Z). It's Memtest86 stable x 11 passes, Orthos small FFT stable x 7 hours, and Orthos blended test stable x 4 hours. Good enough for me! I could probably push the CPU higher, but I'm in no mood to retest stability at higher settings -- not worth it for the 100 to 200Mhz I might squeeze out of it. Best news of all: I didn't have to raise my DIMM voltage above 2.1v. My idle temps are about 44 degrees celsius with my Zalmann 9500A at highest manual speed setting on the CPU fan.

Anyone see a problem using this CPU voltage for 24/7 use?

Edited by nashville1971

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a bit to respond. I needed to update anyway. Things were stable at the above settings (I have my CPU voltage set to 1.375 in BIOS, which yields about 1.360 in CPU-Z) for about one week. An error prompted me to retest, and I am now throwing an error in Orthos blended test about every 4-5 hours. I did transition to Kett's modded BIOS 2102 for this board. Still getting the same error, however. Things have been stable in Memtest and in the Orthos small FFT test. I've upped my FSB term voltage to 1.3, my NB to 1.4 and my CPU PLL to 1.58, without much additional benefit. Will adjust the memvoltage today ever so slightly (to 2.15) to see what I get. Any advice on this board and memory combo would be appreciated. Thanks!