Need help overcloking AMD Phenom II X 945 3.0 stock

alexboy26

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stuck that i dont know what to do , to get more MHZ to the cpu/.. show i add more FBS or what do u recommed?

Lower HT multi and RAM multi and go higher with FSB. HT should never be raised above 2GHz, it's not stable and it does no good. Apart from that, you shouldn't push RAM and CPU to the limit at the same time. First find CPU's limit (with lower RAM multi), then try rasing RAM multi a bit.

You can raise FSB a lot, so you might even try lowering CPU multi a bit and raising FSB even higher if it gives you the right combination of CPU and RAM speed.

hi i have tried a lot of configurations and i cant still get the 3.7 ghz i want to get... right know the configuration is:

core speed : 3382.7 mhz

Multi: 15x

Bus Speed: 225

Nb Volt:1.3

CPU volt: 1.376

I tried to get more Bus speed, but its only stable at 225 when i get 230 i gont BOSD at random times.. so what do u recommend me? to get further..?? the Multi is not an options as its locked..

BTW.. i have appropriate cooling system and my temp is at 31 idle 41 load... so i dont think that the heat is the problem.. so what can i do?? thanks?? my pc specs are in my profile. THANKS

hehe i just tried that and neee, BSOD at 230 .. what else??? do u think that i should try to lower de multiplier to 14 or 13.. and boooost the FSB ?? BTW ..

NB stands for NB voltage right?? not NB CPU voltage :S ???

Edited by alexboy26

ok im using 3 slots like this:

1-2gb

2-2gb

3-Empy

4.-2gb

timings are at AUTO in the bios.. but with CPUID in the Memory Tab.. it says:

606.7MHZ

FSB 3:8

7-7-7-16-27 1T

i havent touch the RAM settings in the bios all are in auto.. also i didnt put the other ram in the slot #3.. because this momery is for triple channel support.. i didnt notice that.. and its only for the i7 so i guess that in that configuration 2 are working in dual mode, and the other one is single.. hehe , some recommend me to remove the extra... but i really want the 6gb, because my system is working perfeclty with the 6gb, and with 4 i just dont want to hehehe

thnks

This might be the cause of your instability.

My suggestion is to use 2X2Gb's, and populate slots 1 & 3

Plus change your setting of T1 to T2

What Operating system are you using?

XP,

Vista,

W7

???

Is this the memory that your using?

OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227365

Timings 8-8-8-24

Voltage 1.65V

If this is what your using, you need to remove one of the 2Gb moduals, and use 2X2Gb's in slots 1 & 3

then set your timings to 8-8-8-24, 2T

I'm sure your system will become more stable!

Edited by Inteller

yes thats exactly my RAM.. is there any way i can keep my 6gb?? is really sad to remove one.. or do u think if i buy another one, to have 8gb it should run fine?? or is just that the ram doesnt work for my system.. also if i configure the optimal settings for 4GB do you think my sistem will run faster?? than with 6gb at lower settings?? other question if i remove one, why do i need to stick them in slot 1 and 3 , instead of 1 and 2, to get dual mode and full speed? my os is W7 64bit

Edited by alexboy26

if its not to late.. id send that processor back and get a black edition dont make the same mistake i did.. overclocking a amd phenom with a locked multi is a hell of a task thats just my opinon from my experience, probly the black edition 940 same processor unlocked multi your life would be way easier, also with a amd system you wanna have ither 2 slots populated, or all 4 3 is usless and will probly run SLOWER than using just two memory slots the only boards i know of that benefit from 3 slots is triple channel i7 boards but not amd

Edited by actionstan