System building :D  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Wich build do you prefer?

• No.1
    • No.2
    • No.3
    • No.4
    • None of them, will post a new build

Before I vote, where are you from if you calculate in Euros? Cause Some of those prices seem very high for Germany at least (where I'm from)!

If he is mainly gaming, a quad core will really be quite useless, so I'd get a higher clock dual core.

Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

Either DFI or Gigabyte Motherboard

4GB of some RAM

HD4890

TX750W

That's what I would get. As you can see, I basically got that exact system (see signature), only that my motherboard is mATX.

Before I vote, where are you from if you calculate in Euros? Cause Some of those prices seem very high for Germany at least (where I'm from)!

If he is mainly gaming, a quad core will really be quite useless, so I'd get a higher clock dual core.

Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

Either DFI or Gigabyte Motherboard

4GB of some RAM

HD4890

TX750W

That's what I would get. As you can see, I basically got that exact system (see signature), only that my motherboard is mATX.

Hello, thx for the reply :D

Well, im from Slovenia :) Tho the prices seem high to u, they are the LOWEST as u can get in Slovenia :(

As for the dual core.. I told him a dual wonld be better for gaming, but he insisted he wants a wuad, so.. :/ sorry.. :(

If you insist on getting a Quad, get the following:

Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition

Gigabyte motherboard (do you have a link to the website you're ordering from?)

4GB RAM

HD4890

Should be a very good build!

If you insist on getting a Quad, get the following:

Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition

Gigabyte motherboard (do you have a link to the website you're ordering from?)

4GB RAM

HD4890

Should be a very good build!

Ok, there are the sites:

http://solo.si/racunalnitvo-10087/racunaln...orje/index.html

You can sort by manufacturer on the left handside.

http://www.demise-pc.si/index.php/cPath/21...srura5oe77q4li5

You can choose the base (forgot how you say it in english (/fail xD) so google translate ftw :P) at the "Kategorije" section.

Also, tbh, the motherboard is a big problem to me too, because, I dont really know wich to choose :P It' so COMPLICATED ^^

But thx god we have OCC to help me out :P

Edited by Ql1max

Dimensions D503* W216* H448 mm

50cm back to front

21.6 side to side

44cm bottem to top

smaller than my case but should fit everything with abit of space left over easy :)

kingdingeling is on the right path. While the Phenom II 955 has a higher base clock, the Phenom II 940 can usually clock as good or better because it has the unlocked multiplier. Also, the RAM he suggested is good, I run the OCZ Reaper HPC that he recommended and love it. It's also cheaper than Corsair which tends to overcharge for its RAM for some reason. The PSU is solid, but also look at PC Power and Cooling PSUs. Those are pretty good ones, look for the cheapest price between the two brands.

That case should be fine, as long as it takes ATX motherboards. The only thing I see there is does your friend like it as well? Cause it's his rig in the end, he's gotta like the case! I'd ask him about that :lol:

@DLS2008, on that website they didn't have PC Power & Cooling PSUs. Also, PCP&C tends to be ridiculously expensive over here in Germany, probably even worse in Slovenia. Corsair is great, I run one myself. 650W is more than enough for that rig, I run a 750W, but that's because I got it cheaper than a 550W :D

That case should be fine, as long as it takes ATX motherboards. The only thing I see there is does your friend like it as well? Cause it's his rig in the end, he's gotta like the case! I'd ask him about that :lol:

@DLS2008, on that website they didn't have PC Power & Cooling PSUs. Also, PCP&C tends to be ridiculously expensive over here in Germany, probably even worse in Slovenia. Corsair is great, I run one myself. 650W is more than enough for that rig, I run a 750W, but that's because I got it cheaper than a 550W :D

Actually, I never seen a PC Power or a Coolink PSU in Slovenia :O

And yeah, my friend likes it too xD So don't worry about that :D The airflow shouldn't be bad either :D

Anyways, thanks for the replies :) I'm sure my friend will be happy :D

(PS: kingdingeling, u speak Slovenian or something? :D)