WOOT WOOT

Nehalemi7

Got my tax back last week so i slapped it all down to get this: Will pick it up on saturday... Cant wait.

Asus P6T

920 i7

800W Gigabyte ODIN

6GB Team Xtreme Dark 8-8-8-24 1600Mhz

Antec 902 Case

Inno3D GTX275

Seagate 1TB HDD

LG DVD+-RW

Thors hammer CPU heat sink with 2 120mm fans.

and a heat pipe HDD cooler.

Gonna max out everything!!!! Woot well try anyways. Then overclock it. Im soooo excited can you tell?

Yeah its here, will post pics when i get time.

Im a nood OC'er n just scared the . out of myself when i set my BClk to 150 and hit F10, the system powered all the way off, very different to when i normally exit a bios, ima like NOOOOO i blew it up on my first go, but then it booted and woot stable 3.0Ghz, now im at stable 3.2Ghz max temps of around 61.

Well im off to clock her a little higher woot woot. Im very proud!

These chips run hot, so if you see a number in the seventies it's not the end of the world - I just wouldn't go too far into the eighties once you get a good cooler. The chips are good for more, but that's just where my comfort zone ends. What stepping is the chip? It's either going to be C0 or D0. Download a program called CPU-z and it will tell you :)

Edited by airman

The Thors hammer with 2 fans should do well. If you have the fans in a push pull configuration. It might be a tight fit in a 902 though. I have 2 900's and large sinks are pretty tight if not unusable.

The DO stepping i7's seem to do well temperature wise as I can run mine prime stable at 4.1 with a TRUE

The Thors hammer with 2 fans should do well. If you have the fans in a push pull configuration. It might be a tight fit in a 902 though. I have 2 900's and large sinks are pretty tight if not unusable.

The DO stepping i7's seem to do well temperature wise as I can run mine prime stable at 4.1 with a TRUE

Thors Hammer is kicking a55 with the two fans. Ummm there is still quite a bit of room, i cant fit a 120mm fan in the side slot but an 80 mm should fit. The heat sink is about 10mm from the case edge but there is plenty of room either side. Pics will be up soon, cant find my camera usb cable, damn sony for using different sized cables.

CPU-Z says that i have a Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67Ghz (ES) with stepping 5.

So is that a ES stepping or 5 stepping CPU? Is this good, should it OC as well as a DO stepping CPU?

Question i left my computer running last nite at 3.4ghz 170 Bclk, ram at something like 1376mhz and it went into sleep mode and wouldnt come out of it. Screen stayed black so i rebooted then i got after MOBO screen saying overclock failed enter setup or return to default. I went into bios and just hit F10 to save and exit and it booted fine. Do oc'ed CPU not like to enter sleep? Should i disable it?

Thanx and sorry for the NOOBish questions!!!!