AMD 810 Phenon II OC to 3.250MHZ temps

Alright lads, ive spent the last two days finally clocking my PC after 6 months of having it ive got it running stable (No BSOD) at 3.250mhz Bus speed 250, HT link 1750.1mhz and Vcore @ 1.472. now ive been stress testing it with Prime 95 and at full chat SpeedFan is registering 69C on one core and the others are around 61-65C this is after 5mins. now im a noob to clocking so any input of some experienced members would be helpfull what kind of load temperatures have you guys been getting with the phenom II chips im a little concered with the 69C it idles around 48C ive got a Thermaltake Blue ORB II fan which i thought was pretty good but dont seem to be up to much and i used Artic silver. im very close to just ditching the whole aircooled cpu business and getting a water cooling kit

Just a update ive got a HTPC case its a DH101 ive taken the lid off and left it idle and its going at 41C, and ive stress tested it for 15mins temp is consistant at 60C didnt go over once. still some feed back on these temps would be great guys

Edited by AMD810boi

Just a update ive got a HTPC case its a DH101 ive taken the lid off and left it idle and its going at 41C, and ive stress tested it for 15mins temp is consistant at 60C didnt go over once. still some feed back on these temps would be great guys

your temps probably shouldnt be that high. Phenom II's dont like a lot of heat. Try lowering the Vcore down until its not stable. 1.472 is too high for just a 3.25ghz.

your temps probably shouldnt be that high. Phenom II's dont like a lot of heat. Try lowering the Vcore down until its not stable. 1.472 is too high for just a 3.25ghz.

ok ill give it a crack i was getting errors in Prime 95 when the vcore was sub 1.4, what do you think is a aceptable load temp at 3.25mhz what im i aiming for? also how are my other settings look are they ok

Edited by AMD810boi

ok i dropped it down 1.450 in the bios and CPUz reads it at 1.408 idling @ 38C, and big drop on full chat 50C-52C think ill try playing with the cpu again now its cooler see how far this baby will go.

well i must admit ive not been very brave its runing at just under 3.3ghz now (3.291) stable idling at 36c so thats improved loads think i will keep it here for now system is running well responding very quickly boots real quick to desktop. going to ditch the geil ram and get some OCZ 1066 or 1200 my board is ment to be able to take 1300 thats the next step for now. and any pointers on my clocking so far would be cool and opinions on the temps that its running at.

Get a good aftermarket cooler instead of the RAM.

Yeh ive order a antec blower to extract the hot air the CPU fan is alright its just extracting the hot air from my case its a media case so theres no air flow through the case and theres not much air blowing out the back, temps are spot on with the lid off so i just need to get the hot air out better. just ordered another 250gts 1GB card to SLi tomorrow whoop whoop!!

Edited by AMD810boi

Right ive got the cpu running at 3.319ghz now and temps are much better with the blower which is quite a neet product very quite and venting air like god knows what out the back and ive added another gts250 which looks like it has a revised cooler on it with copper pipes and its running 10c lower than the first release. anyway ive downloaded 3dmark06 the free one and its telling me i have 667mhz ram modules but i have 800mhz chips, is 3dmark basic edition being gay??? my DRAM Frequency reads 853 in the bios and cpuz reads dram freqency @ 425.5mhz so it should be running @ 850mhz.

Edited by AMD810boi

Right ive got the cpu running at 3.319ghz now and temps are much better with the blower which is quite a neet product very quite and venting air like god knows what out the back and ive added another gts250 which looks like it has a revised cooler on it with copper pipes and its running 10c lower than the first release. anyway ive downloaded 3dmark06 the free one and its telling me i have 667mhz ram modules but i have 800mhz chips, is 3dmark basic edition being gay??? my DRAM Frequency reads 853 in the bios and cpuz reads dram freqency @ 425.5mhz so it should be running @ 850mhz.

Do you have the stock heatsink and fan that came with the CPU installed? If so, then id suggest buying an aftermarket cooler. as for ram frequency. I would trust whatever CPU-Z and your bios says.

Do you have the stock heatsink and fan that came with the CPU installed? If so, then id suggest buying an aftermarket cooler. as for ram frequency. I would trust whatever CPU-Z and your bios says.

No ive got one of these

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/cooler/...57/cl-p0257.asp

i think that my main problem is venting the hot air curculating inside the case which is one of these

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis...1/vf7001bns.asp

i didnt really have overclocking when i built this it was ment to be a media center but i got carried away, i work for a i.t company and i get everything at cost hard to resist. think i will get a better 120mm fan and see how that does cause i could blow the hot air out quicker than the one thats in there now and the two 25mm fans are just spinning quietly and not blowing much out at all so going to swap them all out