First OC Attempt on New Rig

ok so you can see all the specs in my signature......finally got my new set-up and loving it, but like most other things just can't leave well enough alone....... so i wanted to try and overclock my phenom II x2 550, and so far i have been able to get the cpu to run what i think is stable by strictly JUST raising the multiplier.....i was hoping to not have to alter voltages, (makes me nervous, new to this stuff) prime 95, 3dmark 03, occt all run fine when i have my multiplier set to 18X giving me an end clock of 3.616 Ghz......have an aftermarket (xigmatek) cooler and temps seem to hover around 39 idle and 44-45 while under load (all @1.3500V) temp from AOD as well as Coretemp

now, i have also been trying to mark my progress using AOD benchmark, and 3dmark after running prime, and occt...... however, after my 3.6 Ghz final OC, (plus .5 Ghz from factory settings) i ended up with a LOWER score in 3dmark.....by 2000 points on a performance setting 1024/768

after an overclock aren't your scores supposed to get better? or am i missing something here? any help/suggestions much appreciated!

by the way, this OC is through the BIOS so far....used AOD to try everything out and then implemented in BIOS and stress tests ran, i have disabled CnQ, as well as smart fan CPU control....am i missing anything?

whats the voltage at the moment and stock voltage?

yes scores should improve , whats the fsb at?

your build is much like mine really :P

all my info from AOD.....

my voltage is 1.350v, the HT reference clock is at 200.9 Mhz , NB speed is 2009 Mhz, NB multiplier is 10X, clock speed is 3616.61-89 Ghz, the CPU multiplier is at 18X.....

and yes KK_ your build is somewhat similar, minus i have the AMD CPU and you are rockin' the intel camp

any ideas as to why i am losing performance?????? the FPS in most of the tests in 3dmark 03 have improved, but my score has dropped 2000 points...... when i first got the computer home my overall score was 34646, after trying to OC CPU now my score is 32900

also, just for fun i tried using AOD's benchmark tool quickly, and it gave me LOWER results today with my OC than yesterday.....i kept track of scores in AOD using benchmark every multiplier change then stress tested, and at 15.5X multi yesterday i scored 7691, today even WITH the OC i get 7343????? i MUST be doing something wrong here....any advice?

Edited by slarsen83