Noctua nh-u12p lapped??

ccokeman, Whats the best way to tell how falt a cpu is? I know you can pull of a straight edge or razor blade trick. Or should I screw the Complex methods and just look at my tim? the only reason I ask is I am in the progress of Oc'ing my phenom 940 I got yesterday and was curious cause I do not have much more temperature headroom left over. Wide open I am at 55 C t most in a 75 degree room. or is it time for water cooling.

Edited to gve reason to my question.

Edited by boinker

does adding a washer help after the lap job? nice lap job

I did the washer before lapping and got -1 degre,but i think it's even more important after lapping to keep enough pressure since you shave the base of the heatsink.I only ad one washer and it was enough.

Edited by Rockrtx

ccokeman, Whats the best way to tell how falt a cpu is? I know you can pull of a straight edge or razor blade trick. Or should I screw the Complex methods and just look at my tim? the only reason I ask is I am in the progress of Oc'ing my phenom 940 I got yesterday and was curious cause I do not have much more temperature headroom left over. Wide open I am at 55 C t most in a 75 degree room. or is it time for water cooling.

Edited to gve reason to my question.

I use a straight edge and the tim application.