Whats wrong with my overclock?

I just recently bought a Cooler Master V8 and decided to overclock my e7300 even further (was a 3.2ghz) to 3.8ghz. I set the FSB speed to 475mhz and set the CPU multiplier to 8 giving me 3.8ghz with a 1900mhz rated FSB. I'm running my memory (Dominator 1066mhz) at a 5:6 ratio making it 1140mhz. With the vcore set to 1.3200 I was able to run the Prime95 small FFTs torture test for over 2 hours with no errors or warnings, but when I run the blend test its only a matter of minutes before it generates an error.

I've tried changing the ratio to 1:1 which is less than the memory's original speed but would still get the error. I've tried increasing the vcore all the way to the recommended max voltage (1.3625v I think) but that didn't help at all. I'm pretty new to overclocking so is there anything I'm missing that could be causing this problem? Since the small FFTs test run without error I assumed this is an issue to do with the memory.

Just so you know my new V8 cooler is keeping my processor well below its limits so there are no issues with heat.

Specs:

motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe

CPU: C2D e7300

RAM: Corsair Dominator 1066mhz

post-68028-1248431660_thumb.jpg

So...you just set the FSB that high and checked if it worked? That's pretty hit or miss...

Try less, test, increase overclock. When you start failing tests, then increase your voltages (slowly). There are some stickied guides that can help you out, too. Overclocking takes a little time...be patient. :)

So...you just set the FSB that high and checked if it worked? That's pretty hit or miss...

Try less, test, increase overclock. When you start failing tests, then increase your voltages (slowly). There are some stickied guides that can help you out, too. Overclocking takes a little time...be patient. :)

I did work my way up to the setting I just didn't mention it in my post, I lowered the FSB to 450 and set the multiplier to 8.5 and now its stable, I ran Prime95 blend test overnight without any errors so I'm happy with the overclock. Next time I increase my FSB speed any higher than this I'll keep in mind the NB voltage like someone mentioned earlier.

post-68028-1248492141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black_Raven