Which core Should I get?

Which Core?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which CPU should I get?

• AMD Athlon X2 7550 2.5GHz
    • AMD Phenom X3 8650 2.3 GHz
    • AMD Phenom X4 9750 2.4GHz
    • OTHER- Please list.

I am confused, the X3 you mentioned is $135 wouldn't it end up being better if you buy X4 for that price....This whole thing is confusing to me.

No. That is the original Phenom, which is inferior.

I am confused, the X3 you mentioned is $135 wouldn't it end up being better if you buy X4 for that price....This whole thing is confusing to me.

Are you comparing apples to apples? Is one of those chips a Phenom I and another a Phenom II? That could be the reason why.

The overall message here is: Don't buy a Phenom I. Buy a Phenom II. They are much better. It's as simple as that.

Are you comparing apples to apples? Is one of those chips a Phenom I and another a Phenom II? That could be the reason why.

The overall message here is: Don't buy a Phenom I. Buy a Phenom II. They are much better. It's as simple as that.

Ya I know that but the thing is that Phenom 2 cost a whole lot more and "according" to bench marks the AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core has a bench mark of 2 700 something while the AMD Phenom II X3 710 has a bench mark of 2 300 and there both the same price wouldn't it be better to get the quad core I mentioned or do phenom 2 have a higher reliability or something? I know phenom 2's are better but I don't know if its worth the price difference.

Ya I know that but the thing is that Phenom 2 cost a whole lot more and "according" to bench marks the AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core has a bench mark of 2 700 something while the AMD Phenom II X3 710 has a bench mark of 2 300 and there both the same price wouldn't it be better to get the quad core I mentioned or do phenom 2 have a higher reliability or something? I know phenom 2's are better but I don't know if its worth the price difference.

What benchmark is that? The fact that you aren't saying which one it is tells me you don't really understand this stuff very well. So if you don't know what those 2,700 and 2,300 mean, how useful is that info to you really?

Anyways, it sounds like you've already got your mind made up. Everyone here is telling you to get a Phenom II. If you don't want to listen, fine, but stop asking us the same question over and over expecting a different result. That's the definition of "insane", you know. We've given you our opinion several times and it sounds like you just don't like it so you're sending it back. We do processor reviews here at OCC. We have reviewed and benchmarked the exact chips you're talking about, so I don't know how much more there is to say.

We vote Phenom II, not Phenom I. Period.

OK Thanks for all your oppinons, I wasn't nessesary rejecting your answer, but I am just wondering what bench marks are, thats all anyways I guess this thread is closed. I will have to make my decision now as I got your oppinons.