not enough intake fans?

hi6908

The AC Freezer 7 Pro sucks... it was ok for dual core 939 CPUs... but even then, only OK...

For a quad CPU, it's pretty much useless... maybe if you run the fan at 12V instead of from the motherboard header, it might be a *bit* better... but the problem is the heatsink itself can't cope with overclocked quad core load very well at all...

Never mind about that, I just thought it was before. Checked it, its blowing out.

You said it was blowing warm air onto your CPU not me. Only trying to help! Cross you of my Christmas List. :lol:

Cheers

Paul

The AC Freezer 7 Pro sucks... it was ok for dual core 939 CPUs... but even then, only OK...

For a quad CPU, it's pretty much useless... maybe if you run the fan at 12V instead of from the motherboard header, it might be a *bit* better... but the problem is the heatsink itself can't cope with overclocked quad core load very well at all...

Really, one of the reviews of it said the exact same processor was able to get up to 4ghz and keep it relatively cool...different conditions i guess.

Would adding another fan on top of the 120mmoutake help? It seems to with the side fans.

Edited by hi6908

If you're in any way handy, drilling some holes in the top of your case would probably help you quite a bit. Since more air is going out of your case than is being brought in, the air from the holes will help to equalize it. If you're worried about dust, you could always buy a 120mm fan filter, or just use thin fabric.

Don't just start whacking holes everywhere though, you either need to tape off EVERYTHING or remove all your hardware.

Even a tiny tiny tiny piece of metal shavings in the wrong spot can cause you to have a really bad a day...

That being said you might as well go all out and make a top blow hole.

Another option would be to mod your AC Freezer, rip off that crappy stock "fan" and mod a better one onto it.

It may not look great but I'm willing to bet that it would drop your temps pretty good.

Also as everyone else said, just spend like 15 minutes fixing up your wiring.

Not only will it help your temps but it will make the inside of your windowed case more presentable...

I fixed the wiring, unfortunatly I am now out of ties for that, so I cant take stuff out to drill holes in the top until I have some more. Try it when i can though.

If I can get more thermal compound, might also try reseating it

EDIT: Got some AS5 and ties, going to drill soon.

Edited by hi6908

Ok done with all that. "Modded"(tied) a 60mm fan on top of the freezer pro 7, added a VERY loud fan on the new holes I made in the top. The BIOS reset itself so I have to redo OCing, but right now, prime95 stays under 50C on all cores. going to buy a fan filter and a fan to replace the incredibly loud one.