Q8200 seeking overclock to 3.2ghz

Hi all, I'm new here and this is my first everything, first build, post , etc. Anyhow, I was wondering if overclocking my q8200 to 3.2ghz is within the realm of possibility. And if so, how would I begin?

Cheers!

Current set up:

Gigabyte ep45-ud3p

Q8200 stock

hyper600 dual fan

corsair 850w

mushkin 1066 4gb

4870 crossfire

I just need someone to point me in the right direction as far as tweaking the BIOS goes....I'm not looking to break any world records with the q8200 I just want a real world 24/7 overclock.... 3.2 would be great.

Edited by praxis

Hi all, I'm new here and this is my first everything, first build, post , etc. Anyhow, I was wondering if overclocking my q8200 to 3.2ghz is within the realm of possibility. And if so, how would I begin?

Cheers!

Current set up:

Gigabyte ep45-ud3p

Q8200 stock

hyper600 dual fan

corsair 850w

mushkin 1066 4gb

4870 crossfire

I just need someone to point me in the right direction as far as tweaking the BIOS goes....I'm not looking to break any world records with the q8200 I just want a real world 24/7 overclock.... 3.2 would be great.

Annnnd silence....

welcome to occ...

system looks solid and should be able to achieve some overclocking results.

here is something to read that should get you started with overclocking...

ask any questions you may have.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Annnnd silence....

So I ended up using EasyTune 6....it's running at 3.0ghz, but it wasn't much fun...I'd like to figure out WHY and HOW, not just getting the results but understanding the process....anyways, thanks for looking.

Edited by praxis

follow the process using that guide and you should get the process down with trial/error and actually doing the working process rather than using software...

you should overclock within the bios :)

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

well you should be posting OC help questions in the proper forum. But welcome. There is all kinds of information on here about overclocking just search around and you will find pretty much anything you need to know. Including processor specific data. But go and post in the overclocking section if you want more ppl to help you.

• 2 months later...

Hey man i have got very similar specs to you.. my motherboard is very much the same as yours but mines ddr3

the q8200 has taken so much beating. that just assumptions. its a great little processor

OC wise mine is at 3.50GHz and the temp is very good just 1 degree above stock

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad q8200

GPU:Gigabyte 8600gt 512

PSU:CM UCP 700W

RAM:Patriot DDR3 4GB

HDD:WD 500gb Caviar Blue

WD 1TB Caviar Green

Case:CM Storm Scout

That motherboard you have is a real good and forgiving overclocker. I have the same one in another rig I have. Check this out. This may help some. It's in multiple videos. Be sure you understand the disclaimer! :P LoL!

Edited by Hedghawg71

• 4 months later...