Cooling my Antec 300 case

JuNoE

Hi guys, i have a couple questions regarding air flow through my antec 300 case.

for those who arent familiar with the case, it has room for 2 front panel fans, 1 side, 1 rear, and 1 on top.

now, i have 2x120mm Thermaltake A2018 case fans mounted in the 2 front panels for intake (up to 93 CFM), and i want my top/rear fans to be exhaust fans, and my side fan to be intake.

my question for you guys is... with my 2 front fans pushing 93 cfm, how much cfm should i have for intake on my side panel?

also, how much cfm should i have for exhaust on my rear/top fans.

Id greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Hi guys, i have a couple questions regarding air flow through my antec 300 case.

for those who arent familiar with the case, it has room for 2 front panel fans, 1 side, 1 rear, and 1 on top.

now, i have 2x120mm Thermaltake A2018 case fans mounted in the 2 front panels for intake (up to 93 CFM), and i want my top/rear fans to be exhaust fans, and my side fan to be intake.

my question for you guys is... with my 2 front fans pushing 93 cfm, how much cfm should i have for intake on my side panel?

also, how much cfm should i have for exhaust on my rear/top fans.

Id greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry so much about matching CFMs, I have identical fans in my case as well, and they do NOT spin the same speeds.... henceforth, they do not move the same CFM. Just stick 2 more of those fans in the rear for exhaust and then get a good 80mm for your side intake and call it a day. You should have some nice airflow with that setup. =)

only thing is that the side intake is 120mm...

i was thinking of putting another thermaltake fan (same as front) and putting it in rear as exhaust, then the top fan (its 140mm), 65-75 cfm as exhaust. and the side panel i was thinking (its 120mm) just a simple 25cfm fan to keep air in the case and not flow out through this opening... and at the same time, 25 cfm wouldnt really disrupt airflow through the bottom of the case up to the top.

does that make sense?

only thing is that the side intake is 120mm...

i was thinking of putting another thermaltake fan (same as front) and putting it in rear as exhaust, then the top fan (its 140mm), 65-75 cfm as exhaust. and the side panel i was thinking (its 120mm) just a simple 25cfm fan to keep air in the case and not flow out through this opening... and at the same time, 25 cfm wouldnt really disrupt airflow through the bottom of the case up to the top.

does that make sense?

It does make sense... but I'm telling you you're thinking too hard. =) You really just need AROUND the same cfm blowing in and out. I guess if you had to choose you would want more air going out than coming in, however I think another 120mm fan on the side will be fine. It's not like it's going to pressurize your case or anything. :rolleyes:

It's not like it's going to pressurize your case or anything. :rolleyes:

But it may limit the effectiveness of the intake fans alittle. Yeah ya just want about the same cfm in and out but its not a huge deal.