i7 oc question

ok so i got corsair dominator 1866 ram,when i oc to 3.0 ghz for the heck of it,it sets the ram to 1200 mhz,why is it when i select the ram speeds to 1800 mhz clocked at 3.0 ghz i get a bsod through prime,does the ram have to be at 1200?

ok so i got corsair dominator 1866 ram,when i oc to 3.0 ghz for the heck of it,it sets the ram to 1200 mhz,why is it when i select the ram speeds to 1800 mhz clocked at 3.0 ghz i get a bsod through prime,does the ram have to be at 1200?

So you are running 150x20! Should adjust your QPI volts to around 1.4 to 1.475v as a start and verify that the memory volts are at least 1.65v.

ccokeman Why do you suggest that high qpi setting,Qpi clock at 3.0ghz is just 2700mhz.

I run qpi at 3350mhz with 1.37500 volt and it run fine.

If you got 1866mhz memory it should be fine running below or at default speed at 1.65 volt.

Qpi and ram setting should not be more than 0.5 difference.

If you got bsod please post your bios spec.

You may need more cpu volt.

Rock

I mean voltage spec for cpu/qpi,bclock and multipliyer.

Plus post your system component in your sig this help us helping you.

Edited by Rockrtx

i7 920 D0 |Corsair 1000 watts psu|Asus Rampage 2 extreme|Corsair 1800 Mhz Dominator|GTX 295|Velociraptor 300gb/Wd 500 Gb storage|Xfi Platinum sound card|Dell 24 inch Ultra Sharp|Logitech Z5500|Custom water cooling|ABS Canyon 695 Case|

make sure when you lower clock that you lower uclk to lower frequency and qpi data rate to lower speed.

Uclk must be always double ram frequency,din't have much luck with higher uclk frequency vs ram.

Don't forget to lower uclk speed when lower clock speed from 3.6 or 4.0 to 3.0 ghz

Rock

1.016 was the vcore before for my 3.0 oc on the 920 do

upped it to 1.064 so far stable in prime doing lots of ram tested before it would bsod within mins or seconds so crosses fingers

Minimum volt for i7 920 is 1.2 volt,when it set to auto it upped voltage to the need but not recommended for OC.

I will post my system setting for 3200 mhz but you got a DO and it should be lower.

Cpu volt : 1.23750

QPI volt : 1.33750

All other setting on auto

Rock