Bootup Issue

Raife

I am having trouble on the first bootup of the day. The system boots up reverts to 16 colors and smallest resolution - plus I get some errors and background programs crashing. After a couple of boots everything works fine and the system is rock solid all day - games, surfing, email, stress test (3DMark and SisSandra). Now I'm guessing it has something to do with the O/C'd video card but not sure what. Any help would be appreciated

FSB - 140

Mult - 12

Video

core 185 up from 175

memory 415 up from 400

(I messed a lot with the video card yesterday up to 500 om memeory but couldn't get through 3DMark)

take out the card and try and clean the conductors with the pencil eraser, sounds crazy but it works some times oh by the way clean the card off with a rag after your done so no little eraser bit get in your mobo.

~vyro~

The whole system is new (1 month)

I reinstalled the drivers and ran 3DMark - got 6971.

How do I know if I fried the card?

Will try the eraser trick except I'm a little laid up right now - had major knee surgery last week and am not that mobile.

thanks for the suggestions

does it matter that I am getting consistant 3DMarks of around 7000? and successful SisSandra burn-ins?

I don't have another computer to try it in :(

ok... like my opinion counts or anything... but for now, i wouldn't suggest overclocking your card until you get everything up and running perfectly... Once everything is ok, then would be the time to overclock... in my opinion...

Actually I did get everything up and running perfectly - then O/Cd/ Doing ok now up to 2100+. Next will be to knock the mult down and keep raising the FSB