cooling for Phenom II X4 955 BE

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I'm interseted in buying a new AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE processor. But I think that the stock cooler will make to much noise. I'm thinking about buying a Xigmatec CPU cooler with HDT technology. I seareched the web but couldn't find any info testing a Xigmateck on this processor. Neither did I found on their homepage if the cooler is able to cool the 125W generated by this processor. Hope some of you could help me out. I'm looking for AIR cooling. Hope somebody can help me out... Or point me out in the right direction

Kind regards

Guest ajmatson

Most aftermarket coolers will be fine for you. What cooler specifically are you looking at?

if you're not overclocking or just doing a little mild overclocking the stock cooling really isn't that bad. I'm using it right now on the 940 and I doubt it's any different on the 955. It's silent and I'm running 3.5GHz @ 1.44v max load puts me around 52C which is completely inside the safe limits.

I am currently running the stock cooler on my new setup. it is running at 3.5ghz, temps are within limits and no hangups. I am going to get a "ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler", before I attempt to overclock any further. I have read many articles and reviews on cpu fan coolers before deciding on this one. You might want to check it out also.

These are the spec's on my new setup:

Dave