How To Test Stability

certainly is wierd.

well to go into a little more detail, if you didn't already know you're ultimately going to be better off using the two 5300 sticks in order to make use of your motherboards dual channel mode. however, as far as i can see dual channel mode being enabled seems like the only thing that could be causing that error, and i still don't see why it would beside the added stress on the northbridge. the ram is clearly functional, and slots 1 & 2 on your motherboard seem to work fine.

not entirely sure what to recommend. :(

Lol I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that I had just the one 6400 in there for ever and then just recently added the two 5300. But what do I know I'm still just a newb! I thought I was ordering the 6400 but I misread the ebay listing :(

I'm kinda scared to start OCing again, as I get errors very quickly with OCCT on worker #2 which is normally the RAM? right? They said that I was probably getting the errors due to the two different speeds of ram?

Edited by tmann8869

"Default settings" in BIOS may be incorrect for your hardware. It's default to the motherboard, not necessarily to the memory. Check your voltages.

I'm pretty sure OCCT won't tell you if it's your memory or CPU, just which core gets an error.