Ubuntu Detection Application

stinkpot

Hey,

The Stink is back. I don't have a pic yet, but it is coming to a theater near you. I have a query about Ubuntu.

I have Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Herson. I would like to secure my OS with a good Intrusion Detection Application with a good GUI and alerts you when someone tries to break in and gain access. I did an apt-cache search intrusion and found a lot of choices. I am inquiring for some good thoughts and intelligent suggestions. Thank you.

I'm guessing he wants to use the Intrusion Detection option most motherboards come with nowadays for when somebody tries to open the case.

Oh. I've never used one of those. Wouldn't a lock suffice?

I have one for Fedora but not Ubuntu.

Do you have the source code?

Edited by Waco

Intrusion detection? What do you want to watch for?

Well.......there are some people in society who likes to look inside other people's PC.......take over other people's PC, put malware, virus, and all that bad stuff. There are some people who would put application inside people's PCs to see what information that person is typing so they can use your information against you. I mean..........you heard of IT security. U see, I don't know about you or all of you, but I like to keep my PC secured. There is protection against MS OS's, ie. Trend Micro, Norton, etc. No matter how good or terrible these softwares are, they are protection for Windows OS's. If they are none, then Windows would not survive as a business. The internet is like a dirty prostitute. You need a condemn to protect yourself, and that what Intrusion Detection Software or Protection Software is, a condemn for the internet.

I'm guessing he wants to use the Intrusion Detection option most motherboards come with nowadays for when somebody tries to open the case.

I thought this is the section that says: OverclockersClub Forums

Well.......there are some people in society who likes to look inside other people's PC.......take over other people's PC, put malware, virus, and all that bad stuff. There are some people who would put application inside people's PCs to see what information that person is typing so they can use your information against you. I mean..........you heard of IT security. U see, I don't know about you or all of you, but I like to keep my PC secured. There is protection against MS OS's, ie. Trend Micro, Norton, etc. No matter how good or terrible these softwares are, they are protection for Windows OS's. If they are none, then Windows would not survive as a business. The internet is like a dirty prostitute. You need a condemn to protect yourself, and that what Intrusion Detection Software or Protection Software is, a condemn for the internet.

If you're going to use that attitude I wouldn't expect many answers to your vague questions. Anyway - just install AVG for Linux. It'll do what you want.

I thought this is the section that says: OverclockersClub Forums

If you're going to use that attitude I wouldn't expect many answers to your vague questions. Anyway - just install AVG for Linux. It'll do what you want.

Sorry for the powerful statement. That's the answer I was looking for (AVG). Anymore suggestion besides AVG?