Q6600 and STOCK fan - do I need to upgrade the fan?

Generally in my experience, high quality power supplies are higher powered. Its rare to find a low power high quality PSU these days isnt it? By low I mean under 500W.

I would say this is really not the case. I just did a search on newegg for PSUs with wattage between 400W and 500W and then sorted by the brands I trusted. I found all of these:

Corsair 450

OCZ Mod 500

OCZ Stealth 500

PCP&C 420

Plus 6 SeaSonics (430, 500, 500, 430, 500, 500)

I know that PCP&C has one in the 300's too. I also have a Zalman 360W that's gotten REALLY solid reviews from real PSU testers as well. There's good supplies of all sizes out there if you know what to look for.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Verran, where's antec in all that? You don't trust them?

Antec is not bad, but they're nowhere near my favorite either. Honestly I often think they get more credit than they're due.

After having 3 die on me...I certainly don't.

Antec is not bad, but they're nowhere near my favorite either. Honestly I often think they get more credit than they're due.

Wow, I must be really lucky. 3 antec power supplies and 1 case, no problems at all except for the big case fan makes a weird noise when it spins. I called antec and left a message but no reply yet (called this morning).