Help Oc My Pc

hiddenwolf

Hi to all,

I need help to Oc my PC because everytime that i cange the setting in the bios the pc dont boot...

CPU- Intel C2Q - Q6600 (2.4)

Memory - 2x2GB G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 4GBPQ 5-5-5-15 (8gb ram)

Mother Board- Gigabyte EP45-DS3L

thanks

ps: I just want my cpu at 3.0ghz

Edited by hiddenwolf

Bump up FSB to 333, leave multi at 9x, and turn off speedstep.

[REMEMBER to keep PCI Express at 100 MHz, or you're going to screw your video card.]

Then raise up the Voltage in small increments until you're stable. You shouldn't need too much voltage.

After that set the FSB:RAM divider so that your RAM is running at DDR2-800 speed.

I think the FSB:DRAM divider should be...6:5

Good luck!!

I'd suggest leaving the ram settings on auto for now. Leave the cpu vcore settng at normal, my bios set it at stock vcore when I did that. I got to 3.2 with stock settings with my q6600. The Giga boards are some of the easiest to overclock, unlike the DFI board bioses that I am accustomed to. I also highly suggest that you read up on the OC'ing tutorial thread.

Read the following link - http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=161591.

This link was very helpful to me and took away my fear when I first started OCing my Q6700 (2.66ghz). Unlink your FSB - Memory Clock Mode and disable SpeedStep. I set my FSB (QDR) MHz to 1300 and MEM (DDR) MHz to 800 with CPU Multiplier at 10X to get mine at 3.25ghz. It is very stable for my Q6700.

If you are still having problem with your boot, you may want to increase your voltage as mentioned before - paying more attention to CPU Voltage. Increase with small increment. Mine was good at 1.35, but I kept it at 1.4v because my mouse once awhile doesn't like the 1.35v. I don't think you need to go above 1.4v and I wouldn't advice you to go over 1.5v.

Check the screen shots on the link, they were pretty helpful to me.

Good Luck!

Bump up FSB to 333, leave multi at 9x, and turn off speedstep.

[REMEMBER to keep PCI Express at 100 MHz, or you're going to screw your video card.]

Then raise up the Voltage in small increments until you're stable. You shouldn't need too much voltage.

After that set the FSB:RAM divider so that your RAM is running at DDR2-800 speed.

I think the FSB:DRAM divider should be...6:5

Good luck!!

tks for the help I have my cpu at 3.0 and the memory running at normal value of 1000mhz at 2.0v...