Excel Graphing

DLS2008

I need to graph a set of data points for some research work I'm doing. I have 100 points total and they occur in sets of 20 at 5 different x-values. I'd like to graph each set of 20 y-values at the same x-value. So I'd essentially have 5 stacks of points at different x-values. And if it matters, the x-values are not evenly spaced: 25, 50, 100, 150, 175. Also, I then need to set up error bars that cover one standard deviation of the data. Let me know if you know how to do that.

Correct, select all the data including title row (X, Y) and press the Graph button, find the scatter graph...

You can extend this to including standard deviation on the same graph...

clipboard5lq6.th.jpg

I'm not going to tell you explicitly how to do it, but you should be able to figure it out from the screenshot

tip 1: column E = SQRT(SUM(D$2:D$21) / 19)

the $ locks the row values so you can autofill-drag the subsequent rows after E2

tip 2: highlight the relevant columns to produce the graph)

edit: lol... also the THIRD result for google: standard deviation graph excel, is a better method (and graph)

:google:

I'm not going to tell you explicitly how to do it, but you should be able to figure it out from the screenshot

Thanks! I didn't have my x-values included with my y-values. I had just tried to set the x-value for the series as 25, 50, etc., but that didn't work. It's not for class or a grade or anything. This is for my research project in a nuclear engineering lab where I work on the side.