Overclocking A Sony Vaio 2.4b

road-runner

I went to the surge protector and switch the pwer on and off real fast and it booted into safe mode bios I currently am running 2520hmz I am probably going to have to add a better heatsink and fan, I need to check the temps. also I am using PC2700 cheap RAM what should I set the RAM timings on, I currenly have it on controlled by SPD but I did change it to 1:1

up to 2754 now 2826

Edited by roadrunner

well you just voided the warranty on your Vaio.. Hope its your computer not your parents, if it is then when they take it for their yearly check they wont be able to make sure it alright... Well i could be fully wrong but good job anywayz... whats your FSB btw???

lol, we are overclockersclub,com, if your worried about warranties, your in the wrong place. :P

That reminds me of our school computers. The school staff goes through so many measures to keep the computers locked in every single way, including BIOS passwords. Well, one day I turned on the computer with a book over the keyboard, and it displayed "sticky keys, press F2 to enter setup" and poof, BIOS came up. :)

I didn't do anything, I just thought it was funny.

well you just voided the warranty on your Vaio.. Hope its your computer not your parents, if it is then when they take it for their yearly check they wont be able to make sure it alright... Well i could be fully wrong but good job anywayz... whats your FSB btw???

Yes its mine, my parents do not know anything about them my dad is the only one that can even turn one on and kinda check email sometimes after he has to call me ask 50 questions, warranty I am not worried about that, besides if I was to even use the warranty I sure would not take in there overclocked! I had it up to 29something mhz its started locking up and wouldnt run prime95 etc. but it has crap PC2700 infenion or something like that I think the memory played out on me, I just backed it down to 2808/FSB156/bus624, this is my work machine and the fastest desktop I have besides my O.C. machines I play with, I need one I can depend on for now. I have about 15 others ranging from 2.4 all the way down to 66mhz and everthing in between and a couple of old 486s, I have enough stuff to build 3 more machines a 2.6C another 3.2C and the 3.2EE is what I am working on now, I cant seem to make myself set down and build a stock one when I have one working and all thses new parts I want to try out.

Edited by roadrunner