Cpu Temp

ElliotR

Lo there

I know that normally people worry about their CPU being too hot but right now I'm wondering if my CPU temp sensor is working OK as the temperature seems a little low.

First off this is a new build using a, currently, non OC'd E8400 with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro hsf. Over the last 2 weeks the CPU temp has roughly been around 26/27 degrees C with no load and 40 degrees max when under load (running 2 EVE Online clients and various other apps). However, today I have a no load temp of aroud 19 degrees and under load of 29 degrees. The ambient temp is warmer than yesterday so the little voice in my head is messing with me telling me theres something wrong :D

This is the first PC I've built where I haven't used the stock cooler (as I plan on dabbling with OCing) so not used to using something as huge as the Freezer 7 Pro. So I ask you experts, do these temps seem ok and why could there be such a large difference between the CPU temp I've had since I built the PC 2 weeks ago and today? 10 degrees difference.

thanks in advance

whats your ambient room temp?

I'd say around 18 degrees.

The temp going by my mobo's software, Asus PC Probe II, is the low one. If i run a bit of software called Real Temp 2.70 it says the CPU is at 32 degrees.

Everything appears to be fine, no crashing or anything, and the HSF is firmly attached to the CPU/mobo. I have been playing games with no troubles but the low temp, going by the Asus software, just seems so low. Gonna check the temp in the bios.