Windows 2000 ?

posey

how to keep windows2000 from using the same IRQ on all your hardware.

I changed this once before, just can't remember how

had the same problem with my server when I set it up a year ago

found an answer somewhere??? back then

hmmm... if I could only remember how...

no luck with bios

i went and set everything up manually

:angry:

you can change it in the system settings..(device properitys) ive done it... normally it is not a good idea though... :( sometimes screws everything up..

Sitting here (at a 2K box) trying to figure this out for you.... did come across this in the MMC Help... you may have already seen it... if not, here it is:

To change resource settings for a device

Open Device Manager.

Double-click the type of device you want to change, right-click the device, and then click Properties.

On the Resources tab, clear the Use automatic settings check box.

In Setting based on, click the hardware configuration you want to change.

In Resource settings, under Resource type, click the resource type you want to change: direct memory access (DMA), interrupt request (IRQ), input/output (I/O) port, or memory address.

Click Change Setting, and then type a new value for the resource type.

Repeat as necessary.

Important

Changing resource settings improperly can disable your hardware and cause your computer to malfunction or to be inoperable. Resource settings should be changed only by users who have expert knowledge of computer hardware and hardware configuration settings.

You must be certain that the new values you apply do not conflict with any other devices. Device conflicts, if any, are listed under Conflicting device list.

Use automatic settings is unavailable on devices where there are no other settings to configure or on devices that are controlled by Plug and Play resources and should not be changed by the user.

Notes

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

To open Device Manager, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

If you are not an administrator or a member of the Administrators group, you can use Run as to perform certain administrator functions. For more information on how to use Run as, see Related Topics.