Need Help With E7300

Ic3#

i just purchase an E7300 with EP45-UD3R...after setting up everything..i run the cpu-z and i notice my core speed was just 1.6Ghz with x6 , 266Mhz, 1066Mhz..i'm using normal kingston ram 2c1GB...when i go to the bios, it show the mutiplier was 8x...but when i run the cpu-z or et6, it show x6...i try to raise the multiplier in the bios or et6..but stil the same...the only way i could increase my core speed is to increase the bus freq..everything was under the default setting..

can teach me how to increase the multiplier??

thank you for your help...

my spec

E7300

EP45-UD3R

2x1GB kingston 800

9600gt

cm 500watt

i just purchase an E7300 with EP45-UD3R...after setting up everything..i run the cpu-z and i notice my core speed was just 1.6Ghz with x6 , 266Mhz, 1066Mhz..i'm using normal kingston ram 2c1GB...when i go to the bios, it show the mutiplier was 8x...but when i run the cpu-z or et6, it show x6...i try to raise the multiplier in the bios or et6..but stil the same...the only way i could increase my core speed is to increase the bus freq..everything was under the default setting..

can teach me how to increase the multiplier??

thank you for your help...

my spec

E7300

EP45-UD3R

2x1GB kingston 800

9600gt

cm 500watt

Its normal for it to do that when it is idle, when it is being used, like gaming, the speed goes to the regular 2.66.

I have the E7300 and its some energy saving thing I guess.

Go into the BIOS and disable C1E, and Intel Speedstep. Those are energy saving utilities that will downclock your CPU when you are not doing anything CPU intensive. When you are, it will go back to its normal operating frequency.

Thats what it should be doing.

When I disabled them C1E and Intel Speedstep, CPUz would still show my E7200 running at 1.6GHz so I manually set my multiplier to equal my stock settings. (2.5GHz, 9.5X266)

Although it can/will be different for you. Just disable it (if you want), boot up and check if its running at the desired frequency.

Edited by damian