Biostar Tpower I45/ E8400 Overclocking

Go back to your stable overclock (3.9GHz, stock voltages) then test it with either OCCT or Prim95 (blend test) for about 1 hour, tell us how it goes.

put it back to Vcore 1.248 and Vfsb 1.1 and Vnb 1.1 and it ran the OCCT for awhile (dont know the extact time) then blue screen... once i put the core up by .1 to 1.348 it will only boot for about 5 seconds to windows and then blue screen... later tonight im going to take the clock down and raise the Vcore to like 1.35 and work my way back up... see if its stable at stock clock too... i will get back with yall after ive check on it somemore

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below you can see the BIOS page with the voltages. Set the NB voltage to 1.4V and the CPU to 1.35V and give it a go again. Your NB voltage is your problem. Also can we see a CPU-Z screenshot? Let us know how it goes!

out.php?i=1200_TPowerI45BIOS.jpg

Edited by HITandRUN

bumped up the voltages to what you said... went back down in the clock and started raising again... once i got beyond 3.8 ghz it was unstable so i bumped the voltages a little further on the CPU and NB and it seems to be running a little better, but still nothing over 3.9

i was wondering if i should start being concerned with temps at this time... under load i am getting around 66-67 celcius... im guessing that is pushing the limits on heat. i have a pretty good CPU heatsink/fan and a good airflow case with artic silver 5... so i dont know why those temps seem to be higher than usual...

i took a lot of pics of different CPUZ and OCCT and Voltage stuff.. i will post them after i sort through them and have a more stable clock. expect more tomorrow

ok i did some testing... im really stumped on what to do... or what i am doing wrong . i would really like to get 444x9 (4ghz) stable with under 65c... anything more would be awesome. i started keeping track of what i was changing and tried to keep detailed list of the information

2qlgvmx.jpg

am i missing something?

2j47ok4.jpg

i have more CPUZ images... the one listed is from Test 7 Under load

Edited by PardonMyOwnage

I can see part of your problem right now after you gave the big list of voltages and fsb's. once you booted @ 3.6GHz and it failed prime after 20 minutes, you should have stopped there, and raised the vcore until it was prime stable. then and only then should you increase fsb until it failed prime again. then repeat.

I can see part of your problem right now after you gave the big list of voltages and fsb's. once you booted @ 3.6GHz and it failed prime after 20 minutes, you should have stopped there, and raised the vcore until it was prime stable. then and only then should you increase fsb until it failed prime again. then repeat.

it passed at 3.6 but i only ran for 20 mins... it didnt fail. it was the only test i did tonight that was stable over 5 mins

Running with same settings as test 1 for longer time

i was wondering also... on my MOBO it has an option "FSB (Bsel) to northbridge latch" with Auto, FSB 800, FSB 1066, FSB 1333

right now i have it on 1333, does that setting just change what DDR2 settings i can choose from or would it change something else?

ran it at 400x9 with the same specs as test 1 in the chart... stable for 1 hr and then one core failed. other core went on for some time and i stopped it cuz i knew it wasnt stable... confused on what i should do now... i guess raise the voltage till the 400x9 is stable

i upped the voltage and tried to test it again... the test failed after an hour on one of the cores. i raised the voltage again to 1.48 and booted it on... it was up to 68 less then a minute in... i thought that was way too high it so i stopped it. i am utterly baffled by my rig. this is my first overclock, but i dont understand. i see other people with the same mobo and same processor that get 3.8 to 4.2 ghz on less then 1.4v and i dont see why mine is acting up. is something damange or am i doing it wrong?