strifes

So I built my first computer in 6 years, and bought

Foxconn G43MX-K Mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...amp;Tpk=G43mx-K

E5200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819116072

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227269

Anyway... I can't find any bios settings to set dividers for ram and fsb. I've set the voltage to 2.1 for the ram, and manually set the timings. I have a zerotherm zen aftermarket cpu cooler, and I'd like to try to overclock the E5200. Problem is, increasing the bus speed (with the Fox One utility....ugghh) increases the ram speed too, and I don't want to mess up my ram(fyi, cpu-z says my ratio is 1:2). I've tried changing the ram to 667 in the bios, and change the timings both manually and set it to auto, but it starts the windows vista loading screen and then freezes in one way or another. Am I just SOL or is there a way I can get SOMETHING out of the E5200 with this board? I just bought the board and sent the rebate in since it was working for a few days... so I'd rather not buy a new board lol. Any help/suggestions/hopefully something that i've overlooked?? I can't find ANYTHING out about this board, I guess that was mistake #1.

Ok,for starters,you should shy away from m-atx boards.Less space = less features.Anyway,i had a similar problem with my Gigabyte Ep31 Ds3l.No matter what i set,the comp would reset back to standard clocks.It turned out the problem was allowing the bios to manually set the system voltage.(look at my sig for what is stable for me)Try setting all voltage settings to manual,but dont move them.Then set your fsb to whatever,and your ram to 2.0.

Ok,for starters,you should shy away from m-atx boards.Less space = less features.Anyway,i had a similar problem with my Gigabyte Ep31 Ds3l.No matter what i set,the comp would reset back to standard clocks.It turned out the problem was allowing the bios to manually set the system voltage.(look at my sig for what is stable for me)Try setting all voltage settings to manual,but dont move them.Then set your fsb to whatever,and your ram to 2.0.

Ill try that. I understand mATX is inferior, but I am limited by my case (Antec mini P180). It makes me mad because I actually have a good case and cpu cooler, but I can't really do anything with it.

Most mATX mobos are not very good overclockers anyways. I think vendors shy away from adding advanced OC features to them because the market is pretty low for people who want to OC on them. Even the ones that do have advanced BIOS OC features don't seem to work very well.