Northbridge Overheating

OCrookie

i have an asus striker II formula mobo with nvidia 780i sli chipset i just added two more vid cards for 3-way sli and now the northbridge is is overheating while gaming on it causing the an emergency shutdown of the computer. in the bios i can adjust the overheat warning to 80c 90c 100c or off. i'm just wondering what the max safe temp would be. currently i have the warning set for 90c. i would put my water blocks on buti have to get blocks for vid cards first because the southbridge is blocked by the first card.

Edited by OCrookie

i have an asus striker II formula mobo with nvidia 780i sli chipset i just added two more vid cards for 3-way sli and now the northbridge is is overheating while gaming on it causing the an emergency shutdown of the computer. in the bios i can adjust the overheat warning to 80c 90c 100c or off. i'm just wondering what the max safe temp would be. currently i have the warning set for 90c. i would put my water blocks on buti have to get blocks for vid cards first because the southbridge is blocked by the first card.

thermal lockout is 90c but you don't wqnt it to go that high .....go into bios and turn your northbridge voltage down from auto (where it is probably set), to either 1.26 to 2.40volts.....yours has different stepping than this one

http://static.tigerdirect.ca/pdf/Asus_Stri...mula_Manual.pdf

if you want to go lower you can provided you're stable......

this machine is stable at 1.25v nominal voltage.....(keeping in mind you have a different chipset)......yours will go way down

Edited by cjloki