Motherboard Getting Hotter After Using Ati Crossfire

micksax

Hi,

I've just added another HIS 4870 graphics card to my system and now have two of these cards running in crossfire mode on my ASUS P5Q Pro m/b.I have overclocked my E8600 CPU to 4.5 Ghz and everything was running reasonably cool up until I installed the second card.With both cards the m/b temp is up to 49 degrees which is 8-9 degrees hotter than with a single card.Do you think that dropping the overclock down would lower the m/b temp and if so,by how much,or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to lower the m/b temp while retaining most of the performance.

Hi,

I've just added another HIS 4870 graphics card to my system and now have two of these cards running in crossfire mode on my ASUS P5Q Pro m/b.I have overclocked my E8600 CPU to 4.5 Ghz and everything was running reasonably cool up until I installed the second card.With both cards the m/b temp is up to 49 degrees which is 8-9 degrees hotter than with a single card.Do you think that dropping the overclock down would lower the m/b temp and if so,by how much,or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to lower the m/b temp while retaining most of the performance.

The case I'm using is the Antec 900.I have a 200mm fan which sits on the inside at the top of the case plus I also have 5 x 120mm internal fans and a Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU fan/cooler.Thanks.

The case I'm using is the Antec 900.I have a 200mm fan which sits on the inside at the top of the case plus I also have 5 x 120mm internal fans and a Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU fan/cooler.Thanks.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't enabling crossfire/sli put a heaver load on the south bridge? if so, I would expect an increase in temp's.