Overclocking Corsair 8500c5d Rams

D@3HaM1nGuK

hi i just want to ask what will i have to do to overclock my rams to a speed of 1200... does it require me to up the voltage at my north bridge coz if it does then no need to post anything here... my speeds for rams are all stock, running at 1066 mhz and 2.1volts. oh and i have 2 2gb so that is 4gb of rams.....

Edited by D@3HaM1nGuK

Well, there's no way any of us here can tell you what to do because of one of the most important guidelines we've come to (as you will as well) know and that is

no piece of hardware whether it be a CPU, a video card, or RAM overclocks the same, nor will it provide the same results as different variations of hardware will have different end results in terms of performance.

The best I can suggest is to up your FSB and if need be, relax the timings and increase the voltage.

Well, there's no way any of us here can tell you what to do because of one of the most important guidelines we've come to (as you will as well) know and that is

no piece of hardware whether it be a CPU, a video card, or RAM overclocks the same, nor will it provide the same results as different variations of hardware will have different end results in terms of performance.

The best I can suggest is to up your FSB and if need be, relax the timings and increase the voltage.

not even if its the same hardware?? like ofcourse different hardware will have different overclocking but im sure someone has came across a pc with the same mobo and ram as me.... i think even with the same ram and chipset the voltage and overclocking would be similar......

No two motherboards (whether they're the same or not) can clock exactly the same, or even similar to one another.

Overclocking is trial and error my friend. We can help you in terms of suggesting to either relax or tighten the timings, increase the voltage to the RAM or the Northbridge, but in no way can we blatantly throw an FSB frequency at you and guarantee that your setup will POST and be stable, if we did, you'd risk the chance of possibly bricking your board.

To be perfectly honest, and to assist you in understanding the matter at hand better, whenever you read a review for a CPU, RAM, Motherboard, etc. and the results any respective site provides are nothing more than provisional results. You shouldn't expect the same results.

The only way you'll know if your RAM can overclock to 1200MHz is through, like I mentioned earlier, trial and error.

Like I suggested earlier, crank the FSB and see how far (in terms of frequency) you can overclock your RAM on stock voltage, after you've reached the point where it's unstable, up the voltage (in increments, don't just slap any amount on). If cranking the voltage doesn't seem to help much, then it's time to either tighten or relax the timings.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=117556

Take a look at this, it relates to Socket 939 and 754, but the theory behind it is very much the same.

Edited by r3d c0m3t

ahhh ok kool.. yeah i think i should trial and error then... at 2.1 volt my rams wont go any further on fsb.. it wont post... so maybe ill just keep trying but increasing the voltage by the least i can and see when it will be stable... anyways thanks for the advice i will keep that in mind^^

thx

Try decreasing ur CPU multiplier so u are not OCing ur CPU. It could be ur CPU that is stopping u OCing ur RAM.

nope i tried to oc the rams when my cpu and everything was stock and it wouldnt go over it by the smallest oc....

Doubtful you will ever see 1200MHZ stable on that ram.

why do u say that??