Ep35-ds4 & Q6600 .. Can't Oc ?

anthonyda

Hi,

I'm asking for your help since I can't overclock my poor Q6600 at all.

My PC's spect are the following :

Gigabyte EP35-DS4

GeForce 8800GT 512Mo (G92)

2*2048Mo RAM G.Skill pc 8500

Intel CoreQuad Q6600 + Noctua NH-U9F

Thermaltake PurePower 600W

250Go + 160Go SATA (AHCI enabled)

Microsoft windows Vista Business SP1

I tryed many settings but the computeur always start for few seconds (<5s), stop, reboot 2-3 times and after it's booting but this default BIOS settings.

Is there an advice you could give it to me ?

In fact, my BIOS settings are the following :

Coeff X9 * 266 and SPD is something like 2.00, RAM timings are 5-5-5-15 and it's booting fine.

And if I put the FSB up to 333*9 > Unable to boot.

The weird part is when I'm trying to boot as 8*300 (so NO overclock, still 2.40Ghz) the PC isn't booting.

Since I have Gskill pc8500 I suppose that I can reach at least 3.0Ghz and even more, can you help me please ?

If it reboots, it's because it simply can't at the settings you've put. My P35-DS3R also does that if I ask her too much.

When you raise the FSB, do you make sure the RAM isn't overclocked? You have to lower its multiplier. Also, are you sure you give it the right number of volts? If I look at some models like this one and this one, they require 2.1V to work properly. O your board, the DDR2 default voltage is 1.8V. So make sure in DDR2 overvoltage you put +0.3V.

Good luck :)

Edited by The Smith

I was having exactly the same problem trying to oc my cpu.It would reboot several times,and then revert to default clocks.It turned out i was setting my ram wrong.Ive got it like this for the time being>333x7=2.33 ghz SPD 2.0 volts>normal.Im going to push it to 2.6ghz when i get a better cooler.Also,there was this weird thing where the mobo was giving the cpu 1.5 volts on standard clocks! Check your voltage!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Same issues.. rebooting but I have corsair PC6400 ddr2 800MHz. Is there a problem with OC with this ram ? The best I've been able to do is optimized settings and then using CIA2 set to 'sports' giving 2.66 MHz. Have tried 8x400, 7x455, 9x400 with DDR set to +.3 all reboot.

system ep35 ds4, q6600 xp pro, thermaltake maxorb, amd firegl video, 1TSeagate

thanks for any help.