Artifacts At Low Temps, I Don't Like It.

SWAT Gerbil

Hey there,

Pretty much my problem is occasional artifacts, freezes, and nv4_disp driver error crashes in Far Cry 2... Errors generally occur after a little bit of play, 20mins or something like that..

From what I can tell, my GPU temps are only hitting ~65c, maybe a little more. It's coming into summer here, today was about 34 degrees.

Don't ask about dust, or airflow please, my system is a couple months old, and I have a Antec 900.

System (all stock):

C2D E8400

XFX 9800GTX+

4GB OCZ 1066mhz RAM

Antec EarthWatts 650w

Possible problems: Drivers, heat (but I don't think so), software, or just a dogdy card??

PS: I can run Crysis on max settings (No AA) without crashes or anything.

Reinstalled drivers a couple of times (Driver Cleaner included)

Can't turn up fans, 'cause of new drivers...

I guess I'll try a game reinstall :(

Anyone else got ideas?

Waco, do you get a nv4_disp error in beautiful 4-color and a res of like 640x480?

Waco, do you get a nv4_disp error in beautiful 4-color and a res of like 640x480?

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't make drivers that stopped you from controlling the fanspeeds.

also i hope that res is a typo

Nope, no typo on that res... It crashed to desktop at 4-colour, 640x480 res...

And I'm sure, ungrading to 180.43 drivers disabled fan control in rivatuner (and I even got the latest version of that to be sure)...

XFX 9800GTX+ by the way

And now I'm pretty sure it's a software error.. Sometimes when it freezes, I can still Alt+Tab out and shut it down... Dunno what causes that bloody nv4_disp driver error though...