Xfx Geforce 8800 Gtx - Dual 6pin Power Supplies?

dethfist

Im about to grab the XFX 8800 GTX and decided to take a peek in my new rig for the power connectors . All I see are those 4 pin connectors. Do I need to get some adaptors to change the two 4 pin power connections over to the six or is there something Im missing?

Thanks

Its a new rig , 500w Rhycom-sgt ( thats the name on the side of it the PSU. Im looking through the clear side panel and I believe I see all the cords ... And with needing two six pins the should be obvious? I hope

Just to be sure I took apart the side panel , grabbed a flashlight and followed the connections from the PSU. There are some larger 4 pins( like the ones that go to DVD drive) then there are one smaller 4 pin that is open as well. I did get a deal on this rig.

Uploaded my specs

thanks

Rig_specs_atm.txt

Fairly low amps on the 12V rail, combined with a lack of the 6-pin PCI Express molex, tells me that sucker is a fairly low quality power supply.

It would be worthwhile to upgrade it, even if you decide not to upgrade to the 8800GTX.

Thanks fellows , I suppose before I go any further with this half-assed setup Ill head over and get a new PSU. I figure 600w should do it for any future needs.

Maybe I can use the old one for my halloween robots on the front porch.

(sigh) So many wires and never did a full replug. Ill do it like a tune up on my camero, one plug at a time.

One last thing any suggestions on PSU. Im on a total low budget. Costly= no GPU

Thanks again , been very helpful.