Water Cooling My Pc

dunes-dude

hi

i decided to watercool my pc first thing im gonna watercool is my XFX 9800gx2 here is the list of watercooling parts and my pc's specs

(water cooling)

EK nickel plated 9800 gx2 water block

danger den lga 775 waterblock

swiftech double 120mm radiator with fans

Swiftech MCP655 water pump

all piping will be 1/2"

i tried searching for nb/sb blocks for my Gigabyte X48T-Dq6 mobo but couldnt find any and how important is cooling the nb/sb?

i still havent decided which reservoir to get yet

(pc specs)

Gigabyte X48T-Dq6 mobo

intel E8400

XFX 9800gx2

corsair ddr3 4gb rams

maxtor 750gb

silverstone tj-10 case

Edited by dunes-dude

cooling the sb is really not too important and the nb is generally ok on a good air cooler or even stock. If you really were trying for max OC/s then i'd wc the nb but i dont deem it neccesary

although it's hard to get 1/2 even on that pump it's got a good seal ring thingy

wy do you want to watercool your vga??you many degrees has with 1 our playing a good graphics game really?

i say that coz at my opinion the watercool is a badstuff its dangerus its a liguid inside the electronics of the pc so if you dont really need these i sugest to leave it in the store.you can do really great job with aircooling if you want beleave me.

wy do you want to watercool your vga??you many degrees has with 1 our playing a good graphics game really?

i say that coz at my opinion the watercool is a badstuff its dangerus its a liguid inside the electronics of the pc so if you dont really need these i sugest to leave it in the store.you can do really great job with aircooling if you want beleave me.

Why would he want to cool his GPU? Well, gpu coolers are pretty loud and suck at cooling, even though they do the job. And since he's got a GX2 I'd say its a good idea, they get really hot and are really loud (so I'm told :P ). Yes he could get by quite well with air cooling, but watercooling is both quieter and more effective. Plus he could overclock his GPU more. And nowadays people don't usually use water in watercooling. You can get coolants that are just as good as water at heat conduction but also do not conduct electricity. And if you do use water, then it will likely be distilled, which also does not conduct electricity (learned that in chemistry today :P ). So uhh.. yeah... get watercooling :D

First off don't get a reservoir, it's a waste of space and time. Use a fillport instead. Here is a better list than the one you chose and will perform alot better.

D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"

Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black

Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump *Sale*

Tygon R3603 7/16in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00033

Danger Den Acetal T-Fitting

Petra's Tech includes (2x) 1/4" NPSM, 1/2" OD Threaded Hose Barbs (for 1/2" and 7/16" ID Tubing) at no extra charge. A 5/8 ID tubing will give you a tighter fit on those 1/2 barbs, so thats why I chose them for you. The swiftech radiator is good but if you want the best get a thermochill radiator.

Anything less than this and your not settling for the best :)

Also your going to need a radbox to mount the radiator to the outside of the case:

Swiftech MCB-120 "Radbox" Radiator/Fan Housing Rev. 2 - Black

The only thing left to choose is what kind of coolant you want. I do recommend Feser or Pentosin, both are very good. I really don't know what color you want thats why. Don't bother with the chipsets and vga, most are okay on air :)

the main reason im watercooling my pc is becuse of the vga it gets up to 80c on stock clock sometimes more so to anyone saying watercooling the 9800gx2 is just a waste of money own one and u will know why its important i dont care about the space in my case because i have plenty of space il put in a dual bay reservoir with pump

the main reason im watercooling my pc is becuse of the vga it gets up to 80c on stock clock sometimes more so to anyone saying watercooling the 9800gx2 is just a waste of money own one and u will know why its important i dont care about the space in my case because i have plenty of space il put in a dual bay reservoir with pump

why dont you just get rivatuner and turn the fan up to 100% it would run cooler then. That is if you havent all ready.