Coolermaster Aquagate S1

Girish

I have recently purchased a Coolermaster Aquagate S1 Liquid cooling kit for my Intel C2D 2.2 processor. I followed the instructions to install the Water Cooling Kit and when i first booted my system, everything was fine. I noticed that there was a "Tick Tick...." continuous noise when i increased the fan speed of the Waterblock. I had plugged in the radiator and waterblock pins on the motherboard. I referred the coolermaster manual again and they mentioned to connect the radiator to the SMPS. I did that and the noise disappeared. Is this normal??? I dont understand why the "tick tick..." noise started up when i connected everything to the 3 or 4 pin connector on the MB. :unsure:

Also, i have got a CM 690 chasis with a side window. After i installed the waterblock, i find that the waterblock interferes with the bootm fan on the side panel. I have managed to slide the side window but its a tight fit. Is there something i am doing wrong???? :unsure:

The CPU temps are 39-39C Idle and 48-49C under 90-100% load. I ran OCCT and after one hour of test the temp reached a maximum of 53C with a maximum OC of 2200.07. I bought this liquid cooling kit thinking of OC my processor on a new MB in future. With 100% load on my current CPU with OC the temps are 53C, so i doubt the effectiveness of the product? Any suggesstions would be of great help. :)

• 2 months later...

the side mount fan, remove it and install it on the outside, I did this with my Thermaltake Armour case and the side 250mm fan to get the WC to clear the side panel, once mounted and the grill replaced, looks factory, pic can be provided upon request....

laterzzzz...........