Overclocking Recommendations?

blueberrywine

Hi there, new to the forum. I have below a few screenshots of CPU-Z of my computer and what it is currently running at. I've been looking through my bios at all of the different settings and such (EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI) and am confused as to what I could do to make things run a little quicker (if need be). I have been looking around for a bit and noticed that most people like to have their FSB:DRAM at 1:1 for best performance, and I havent quite figured out how I can optimize the FSB or the RAM to achieve this.

I used to have an old 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 which I would overclock to 3.0 GHz, but I have had no luck in figuring out how to OC this particular CPU.

Based on the pics below, is my system running efficiently already? (Please let me know if you need more info of my PC) Is there a setting somewhere that is bottlenecking it? The system runs great the way it sits, but I would like to learn if the potential of the machine is being unleashed or not. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and perhaps some tips as to carry them out =P

Thanks

cpuzcpuhk2.jpg

w398.png

cpuzmemorytv5.jpg

Edited by blueberrywine

If you have C1E or EIST (also known as Enhanced Intel SpeedStep) disable both as they'll underclock the CPU where there's little to no load present. That explains the clock frequency and the multiplier.

Also, I assume you're using Vista?

If you are using Vista you'll have to adjust your power profile to high-performance to avoid speed-step.